Hi guys

mosriteman26

Hi guys

Postby mosriteman26 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm new to the forum, I've loved mosrite guitars since I was 15, I'll be 27 in Jan. I don't actually own any mosrite guitars but I own a few copies. Nice to meet you guy's I can tell I'm in good company.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Hi guys

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Welcome aboard Mosriteman26. Where abouts in the world are you located? Do you perform music publicly, jam with friends, noodle about at home?

What Mosrite copies have you owned and what do you think of them?

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:15 pm

Welcome Mosriteman26. Ditto on what Mel said, where abouts are you located?
Did you see the 'Location Area' when you were signing on, or......do you work
for the CIA? :shock: ..... ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Let me add a nice little story here... Yesterday, Jason (Bushers) and I met at Ed Roman's as we planned. We were talking and checking some of their vintage Mosrites, a young gentleman who was next to us joined the conversation. He asked Jason and I a few questions about Mosrites.... I invited him to join us at this forum. I am glad he did.

Hi, Sam:

Nice meeting you at Ed Roman's. So glad that you made it to the forum. Welcome Sam, I am sure you will enjoy this forum. I am sure Jason will be trilled to see you here and will welcome you later too. He is probably busy watching the shows. (or rolling the dice?? just kidding)

Feel free to ask any questions or share your experience..

Best,
Vincent

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Welcome to the forum mosriteman26.

It's really great how members of this forum are starting to meet in person. It sure adds to the dimension of the forum. We share information, experiences, knowledge and develop personal friendships. Kewl! ;)
Danny Ellison

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:31 am

Welcome! Are you guys going to post a report on your Mosrite Vegas field trip?

Desert Surfer wrote:Let me add a nice little story here... Yesterday, Jason (Bushers) and I met at Ed Roman's as we planned. We were talking and checking some of their vintage Mosrites, a young gentleman who was next to us joined the conversation. He asked Jason and I a few questions about Mosrites.... I invited him to join us at this forum. I am glad he did.

Hi, Sam:

Nice meeting you at Ed Roman's. So glad that you made it to the forum. Welcome Sam, I am sure you will enjoy this forum. I am sure Jason will be trilled to see you here and will welcome you later too. He is probably busy watching the shows. (or rolling the dice?? just kidding)

Feel free to ask any questions or share your experience..

Best,
Vincent

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 am

Sure, I will give the pleasure to Jason who should be back to Okalahoma by end of this week.

Bushers
Valued Member

Postby Bushers » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Sure, I posted a bit in the Ed Roman '63 sidejack thread but think it kinda got ignored!

Welcome Sam, make yourself at home, you HAVE to check out Bob K's collection, undoubtably the best of all the forum members, I think all will agree :mrgreen:

Bushers wrote:lol, he didnt have this on display when me and desert surfer visited last saturday (15th). I have a pic of what was in the shop, all of which were a little overpriced (IMO) and had non original features. The sunburst Ventures model that I was looking at (missing from photos) had 2 loose screws holding the neck on, Loose screws + tuned guitar = issues!! This was fixed though after I pointed it out, the guitar tech stripped it down..

ImageImage

These are the 3 of 4 vintage models he had, some peculiarites with them though, the blue VII model had spun knobs and a different bridge (also refinished), the ventures model had no serial on the fretboard. Nice sunburst MkV though showing some age..

Jason (Bushers)
1965 Ventures II Model ~ #B233

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Welcome Sam, glad you found this forum. I'm sure you'll learn alot as there is a wealth of information in here. Kevin

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Welcome to the forum! You won't find a better, more helpful group anywhere around!

Dennis

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”