New project

billywrecker

New project

Postby billywrecker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Here's a new Mosrite project I started a few days ago.The body is two piece poplar and the neck is a three piece, two piece book-matched maple and one piece mahogany.I still don't have a profile template for the neck yet so it looks like I might have to take all the measurements and draw it up in auto-cad witch I'm trying to avoid(just being lazy right now).Any ways I'm gonna try n get some more work done today and I'll post more pics later.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: New project

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Cool! Let us know how it progresses. From the looks of the markings on the body, this one will have a stop tailpiece too, right?
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Building one's own guitar is really exciting...and wonderful to stand by and watch too. Great stuff, we'll gladly keep looking for new developments as you progress ;)

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 pm

What color are you going to finish it in? :)

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

billywrecker

Postby billywrecker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:34 pm

A little more sanding and the body will be done but that will have to wait till next weekend.
Mel-I will be installing an excellent vibrato I bought a few months back,I just can't own a guitar with out a vibrato.I am using the markings just as a kinda reference(even tho they are offset) for the vibrato.
Austin-As far as finish goes I'm not sure yet I was thinking about doing a metal flake in maybe a blue or silver, who knows...I'll figure it out when I get to that point.

woodchuck30
Top Producer

Postby woodchuck30 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Looks like you and dubtrub go to the same sshool. Refuring to the vibrato style :)

billywrecker

Postby billywrecker » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm

woodchuck30 wrote:Looks like you and dubtrub go to the same sshool. Refuring to the vibrato style :)

Yeah only he made his vibrato.Although I am very tempted to buy a low budget milling machine and make my own or try and sand cast one,I would like to give it a shot though.

woodchuck30
Top Producer

Postby woodchuck30 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Wonce upon a time in a galaxy far far away, Idid some sand casting with aluminum, its not real hard, but you need a whole lot of heat to melt the aluminun, and quite a bit of aluminum. Don't know how knowlegeable you are about this, but it's best to read up on it or talk to someone that does it a real lot. Be careful. :|

billywrecker

Postby billywrecker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm

woodchuck30 wrote:Wonce upon a time in a galaxy far far away, Idid some sand casting with aluminum, its not real hard, but you need a whole lot of heat to melt the aluminun, and quite a bit of aluminum. Don't know how knowlegeable you are about this, but it's best to read up on it or talk to someone that does it a real lot. Be careful. :|

I've never done any sand casting but I am familiar with it,there are some good how too's(and not so good) on you tube.

billywrecker

Postby billywrecker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Here is some progress on the neck.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”