get into a Mosrite for under $1000?

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Re: get into a Mosrite for under $1000?

Postby MarkyKobane » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:29 pm

abio

Postby abio » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:05 am

i haven't had the chance to get my hands on a hallmark... yet. but i'm definitely gonna get me one, one day or another!

for now, i ended up getting a fillmore jr model that i found for sale in a shop near my location. i dig the thin neck, but after a few months i've noticed i can't play other guitars anymore! they all seem to have a very fat neck now :D

if the hallmark guitars are less "extreme" neck-wise, once i get one i may be able to play other guitars too, without the shock caused by drastic ergonomic differences... we'll see!

ebestul84

Postby ebestul84 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:34 am

I got to gig with my friends 66 Ventures last night and that is the tone I have always been looking for. It was amazing what I could pull out of that guitar. I am in love!

Elliot Easton

Postby Elliot Easton » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I'll add my +1 for the Hallmark in that price range. Bob is also a great guy to deal with!
A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

ebestul84

Postby ebestul84 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Here is another question. How close are the made in japan reissues to the real thing? I think I do prefer the tone of the vintage moseite pickups to the hallmark ones. At least from videos I have watched. Are the mij mosrites more like the originals?

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Yes, the MIJ Mosrites are more like the original. Some people like that, some don't. Besides the logos the difference is primarily in the neck profile, so if you like a modern style neck you'll be happier with a Hallmark. The MIJ vibratos have full size base plates that mount the bridge, unlike the Hallmarks where the bridge is mounted directly into the body. The MIJ sunbursts are more "vintage correct" with brighter yellow and red bands, but Hallmark offers a much wider range of color options, with sparkle finishes, etc.

As far as tone, neither Hallmark nor entry level MIJ Mosrite pickups are exactly like the vintage ones. However, you can always swap in more exact hand wound pickups made by one of the members here (M3, Ed Elliott, Oigun, Hallmark, etc).

I'd say a Hallmark is probably your best bet at that price range.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

ebestul84

Postby ebestul84 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks for the advice. I am currently talking to Bob about a hallmark. I cant wait to get one. Awesome guy.

ebestul84

Postby ebestul84 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:12 pm

I am ordering a Hallmark from Bob tomorrow. Bob is the MAN!

ebestul84

Postby ebestul84 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:08 pm

New hallmark gospel coming in the mail. Expecting to get here on Tuesday. Cant wait!

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:18 am

ebestul84 wrote:New hallmark gospel coming in the mail. Expecting to get here on Tuesday. Cant wait!

Awesome! Congrats!!! :D

I promise, you will be stunned when you open the case. Right off the bat the finish and craftsmanship is just astounding on Bob's guitars. I can only assume your "Gospel" will look spectacular.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”