THE GREATEST GUITAR RIG EVER

Nokie
Top Producer

Re: THE GREATEST GUITAR RIG EVER

Postby Nokie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 pm

brutus wrote:So the Award Amps were double branded?

Yes, they were indeed double branded and one might even say triple-branded. When Mosrite was slow in delivering a Ventures model amp, the Ventures hired an un-named engineer to design one.
The Ventures then found Award, a consumer electronics company in Minneapolis, to build it. Award insisted thier name would be on the amp. The Ventures paid Semie Mosley a few thou to allow them to put the Mosrite name on the amp. The Ventures also put their own badge on the amp. You can see all three badges at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhbgn9E6Rs
-Marty

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey Marty,

Thanks for posting the video. I especially like your Pipeline medley. Lot of talent there.
Danny Ellison

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Very impressive picking there Marty.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 am

zarfnober wrote:Very impressive picking there Marty.

Rocco

+1... Marty rocks! his Pipeline version in a one-man band formation is very cool indeed :shock:

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks guys!

Elliot Easton

Postby Elliot Easton » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Am I mis-remembering or didn't Bob Crooks and Standel ever have anything to do with the Mosrite amp?
A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Elliot Easton wrote:Am I mis-remembering or didn't Bob Crooks and Standel ever have anything to do with the Mosrite amp?
Bob Crooks did build white custom piggyback Standel for Semie; it was up for grabs on ebay last year. The asking price was $25,000 and it didn't sell if I remember correctly.
dubtrub wrote:So far provenance has been missing about this particular amp actually belonging to Semie much less having been used by him. Well, this has now changed and you heard first here on the forum. Doug Brewer said Semie did in fact own this amp and periodically played it in church. He said last time he saw it, it was sitting in the corner in the basement of the P Street factory no longer being used because Semie had Ed Sanner making new amps for him. This was a 25 watt amp and was one of the 'first ever piggy back amps' that Semie and Bob Crooks had hoped to get into production as a joint venture but since neither one of them was business minded it never went anywhere. Doug called Ed Sanner this morning and varified this amp with him. I would imagine if the seller knew this tid bit of information he could jack his price back up to $15,000.

http://i.ebayimg.com/03/!BRbGHDw!mk~$(K ... S!~~_1.JPG

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”