Dr Bassman here!

drbassman

Dr Bassman here!

Postby drbassman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:38 am

Hi,

I joined in today after buying a "Celebrity 3 bass." More can be found on that item in the Guitar & Bass subforum.

I'm a professor and administrator in western NY. I teach health administration. I play 60-70's R&R in a band that does only charity gigs for non-profit organizations. Our drummer is a heart transplant recipient and we all believe in playing music for great causes.

In my spare time, I collect, play and restore basses. I'm a fan of hollow body basses......I own a 1998 EB-650, 72 Les Paul Signature, Gretsch Thunder Jet, Gretsch 6175 RI, 1968 EB-2, 1968 Harmony H22. I'm in the process of restoring/converting 4 hollow body basses (60's Vox bass restoration, 70's Guild M-85, Epiphone Sheraton conversion to a Rivoli style bass and a Guild Starfire III body conversion to bass). I also love Thunderbirds (I've got 5 of 'em).

Here's a 60's Gibson NR bass I brought back form the dead last year. I bought it like this:

And the missing headstock...............

And the finished restoration...........

I'd like to collect some Mosrite basses. I find the styling very unique and interesting. They have a great R&R history as well. I have one Ric 4003 just for the great style and fantastic pickups. I'm a sucker for unusual basses. We'll see how my exploits with Mosrite work out!

Anything else you'd like to know? Just ask!

Thanks for your welcome too!

Bill

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Dr Bassman here!

Postby dubtrub » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Welcome to forum Bill,

Sounds like you have a solid foundation in basses both rebuilding and collecting. We have a section here at the forum on project guitars you might be interested in, When you get a chance check it out. We have a lot of diversity here from the various ages, professions and countries, of collectors and enthusiasts. I love to see guitars resurrecting from the dead. ;) I think you will feel right at home.
Danny Ellison

drbassman

Postby drbassman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Thanks Danny, I'll check it out. I hope I can work into a nice Mosrite or two along the way!

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:32 pm

dubtrub wrote:Welcome to forum Bill,

Sounds like you have a solid foundation in basses both rebuilding and collecting. We have a section here at the forum on project guitars you might be interested in, When you get a chance check it out. We have a lot of diversity here from the various ages, professions and countries, of collectors and enthusiasts. I love to see guitars resurrecting from the dead. ;) I think you will feel right at home.

Welcome again, Bill:

Here is one of the souls Danny saved. She lives happily with me and many sisters.

http://www.timelineguitars.com/page/page/5468527.htm

drbassman

Postby drbassman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Wow, beautiful work by Danny there. I can really respect that! There's something about the design of these basses that I find attractive. I really am enjoying seeing and learning more about them.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Welcome Bill and congrats on your New Find :D. And I also see my Bass player finally got his 'puter jumpstarted LOL.
Let's see, maybe between the 2 of you guys and a few others, we will finally have some Bass info sharing on this Forum :mrgreen: .
p.s. You have a NICE Collection there my friend ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

drbassman

Postby drbassman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks, I will hang around for a bit and see what happens. I frequent two other forums regularly so we'll see how much time I can devote to another.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”