Hallmark History

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark History

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48 pm

We have gotten enough replies............it is a matter of time. We will be placing the Swept-Wing basses on moratorium indefinately. We do have a few left for those of you who may want one. They are really great basses and everyone whogets one says it is the easiest playing bass they have ever played and love the tone as well but........... Once they are gone thats it!

Swept-Wings away!

Bob

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Bob, thank you so much for telling the history of Hallmark......I seriously am interested in a custom '60.......your post gives me lots of confidence in your company....they look awesome, and I imagine play like a dream....thanks again

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 am

Bob, just looking thru all the posts.....you, Joe Hall, and Bill Gruggett are all mentioned in the Ventures biography, written by Del Halterman....plus a few photos of the Hallmark display at a guitar convention......it's a great book filled with very interesting facts and trivia....386 pages and worth every penny.......
Where can I get a look at the new Pearl Surf color that you have? .....Is it now on the Hallmark website?
Is there a difference in the cost of the custom 60 depending on the color?
Thanks so much for all your posts......very interesting and helpful!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Yes I have that book being the huge Ventures fan that I am!

The info in regards to Hallmark is slightly confused in the book, but I am happy we were mentioned.

We will have a picture of the Surf Pearl in about 2 weeks. It is not the easiest finish to capture in a photo. It seems to look a million times better in person like all pearl finishes.

Thank you for your interest!

Bob Shade

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Bob, Thanks for your reply.....I am mostly interested in the Dove White, but now that you mentioned the Surf Pearl, it also sounds very gorgeous too! .....Does the white binding show up at all with the Dove White finish? I imagine that the Surf Pearl would make the binding show up because of the blue edge, right?
I hope there are enough on hand for me to get one.......they look so sweet!
You ship them right in their hardshell case, too?
I'm keeping my eye open for that Surf Pearl .............

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Hey Rog.
On the link below, in the first picture with 'Batgirl', you will see behind her head, to the right, what I think is the prototype for the Pearl Surf finish, and because of the dark blue at the edges, the binding appears to stand out...if you look closely, you can even see it in this photo.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2520

As a Hallmark owner myself, I can only tell you how very pleased I am with my 60 Custom. They come with a brown faux-alligator skin case. Honestly, I'm really GASsing for another one, but have to hold off at this time.

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks Strat-o-rama......I clicked on the batgirl pic, and if you scroll down, the 2nd pic shows the Surf Pearl guitar plainly.......It does look interesting, and I'm waiting to see the "official" pic of that finish, but I may be leaning toward the Dove white with the tortoise shell pickguard...
I'm glad to hear you are so pleased with the Hallmark custom 60......seems like everyone likes them............

TriflerShawn

Postby TriflerShawn » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:31 am

Here's a good pic of my 60 Custom in Surf Pearl. The binding does stand out pretty well.
It's a GORGEOUS color in person!
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7300/8732035798_9797a3fd3f_b.jpg

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Bob, thanks for the great info on Hallmark.....I appreciate knowing more about the history of the company. I am also a proud owner of a Hallmark Custom 60.......pearl white.......I've had it for about 3 years now. My wife surprised me with it after she recovered from a bout with MRSA.........I was her "nurse" during that time and she wanted to reward me for all my efforts.......boy, was I ever surprised!
She talked with you, Bob, several times on the phone and got it ordered in secret.
The Hallmark is an amazing guitar........plays like butter......sounds great in all toggle positions, looks fabulous.........still love to look at it while it's resting on the stand.......beautiful piece of work...
Thanks Bob.......would recommend the Hallmark Custom 60 to anyone without reservation. For the money, it can't be beat.....

Roger

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 am

I remember your wife Rodger! You are a lucky guy!

I read your post with thanks.

Bob

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”