Ventures Bass Dimensions/Outline

Winter Planet

Ventures Bass Dimensions/Outline

Postby Winter Planet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 am

Help please!!

I've been trying to get some info on the Ventures bass body & not finding much success. Is it the same size as the guitar? Seems like it ought to be larger.

I've measured an actual mid 60's Mosrite Ventures guitar & the dimensions are virtually the same as a new Danelectro '64 bass. The Eastwood Sidejack Bass knockoff is about an inch shorter in length & quite a bit thinner than the Dano.

The guy who's going to make this body for me has templates for the guitar but has no idea whether or not he bass is the same size so if anyone has the dimensions for the Mosrite it would be deeply appreciated. A tracing or outline even more so! Thanks!!!

rokdad

Re: Ventures Bass Dimensions/Outline

Postby rokdad » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 pm

The photos I've found show that the bass body is longer than the guitar. The Univox Hi-Flyer guitar and bass models are identically sized, fyi.

Winter Planet

Postby Winter Planet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:46 pm

That's an awesome shot! I've been looking for one that would have them side by side for comparison like that. I believe this one will get me close enough for what I want to do.

Thank you very much! Deeply appreciated.

rcblair

Postby rcblair » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:43 pm

I can send you a tracing of the Ventures bass body. Send me your mailing address.

Rick B.
1965 Ventures Model Bass. Original owner. Early 70's bass.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”