Hey Dennis the menace is this you?

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Hey Dennis the menace is this you?

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 pm

I was searching for these on ebay and ran across this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... 240%3A1308

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Hey Dennis the menace is this you?

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Kevin,
Actually, that's Darren from Plantation just a little Northeast of Davie Florida. He belongs/or did belong to the
http://www.Florida3s.com as well as 365 other members Statewide. I haven't seen him in a looooong time,
I guess he decided to move on and go for something a little newer.
I own a '92 and a '98 3000GT SLs. My '93 is a VR-4 which is AWD, AWS, Twin-Turbo Rocket Sled :twisted: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:09 pm

I was checking that out cause I'm going to be looking into getting a different car probably next year and was looking at those 3000 gts'. Just something I can have a little fun with. Do those have a 2.6 or 3.0 liter engine in them and what is the horse power? I have a nissan sentra that I put in some Jim wolf cams and short ram intake and a 2.5 exhaust and I'm pushing around 140 whp but it's my sleeper car that I have fun with people at the stop light :D

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:41 pm

KRamone27 wrote:I was checking that out cause I'm going to be looking into getting a different car probably next year and was looking at those 3000 gts'. Just something I can have a little fun with. Do those have a 2.6 or 3.0 liter engine in them and what is the horse power? I have a nissan sentra that I put in some Jim wolf cams and short ram intake and a 2.5 exhaust and I'm pushing around 140 whp but it's my sleeper car that I have fun with people at the stop light :D

I fell in love with the 3000 GT when they hit the Market back in 1991. I was still driving my Toyota Supra, but didn't care for the new body style Toyota came out with in '93. so, I purchased my '92 SL when it was a year old. Still got it...with 293,000 miles on her :shock: .
Depending upon whether you purchase a 1st or a 2nd GEN, will determine your horsepower, The 2nd GENs Horsepower was cut back around '96 or so, to keep (and shut up) our Gov't Rules and Regulations, and make them happy.... :evil:
Basically the SLs have 220 Horsepower (3.0), in which you could get in Stick or Automatic. They are great cars, and I think it was one of Mitsubishi's biggest mistakes when production ended in 2000. Basically, Mitsu started copying everyone else coming out with all of these SUVs....
Well, I'm a Sports Car Lover, and I DON'T LIKE 2 MORE DOORS following behind me :shock:
SUV DOES NOT STAND FOR SPORTS UTILITY VEHICLE. 90 per cent of these Owners really want to believe that they can drive these like a sports car, maybe because the name "Sport" is part of the name SUV???? Well, you CAN'T drive them like that, next time you hear about an accident from your car radio or watching the news on TV, take note how many times an SUV is involved.....SUV.....actually stands for Sucks Unleaded Violently :twisted:

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Well two cars that are really getting my attention are the Nissan 300zx and the 3000gt. I've always liked the the streamline sexiness of the two cars. do you have factory turbos or are they from a kit like Greddy or turbo specialties?

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:05 pm

KRamone27 wrote:Well two cars that are really getting my attention are the Nissan 300zx and the 3000gt. I've always liked the the streamline sexiness of the two cars. do you have factory turbos or are they from a kit like Greddy or turbo specialties?

My '92 and '98 3000GT SLs are DOHC non Turbo.
My '93 is a VR-4 which is AWD, AWS, Factory Twin-Turbo,
which is not molested. It's a frickin Rocket Sled :twisted: .

Twin Turbos: "Like feeding Crystal Meth to a Hyena" :shock:

gogoriotgirl76

Postby gogoriotgirl76 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:17 pm

KRamone27 wrote:I was checking that out cause I'm going to be looking into getting a different car probably next year and was looking at those 3000 gts'. Just something I can have a little fun with. Do those have a 2.6 or 3.0 liter engine in them and what is the horse power? I have a nissan sentra that I put in some Jim wolf cams and short ram intake and a 2.5 exhaust and I'm pushing around 140 whp but it's my sleeper car that I have fun with people at the stop light :D

Huh? Kevin I didn't know you put all that crap into my nissian sentra? when did that come about? I must have been sleeping or something? :roll: and getting a new car when did you plan on doing that? hmmmm,I guess I'm the last one to know about all of this stuff!!! well I' sure you will talk to me about this later or something..

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Oh Emily if you only knew what I've done to the Nissan :D

gogoriotgirl76

Postby gogoriotgirl76 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:25 am

KRamone27 wrote:Oh Emily if you only knew what I've done to the Nissan :D

Thats just it I don't know but I do take charge of all the money hahahha anyways I'm just giving you a hard time about it hahaha :lol:

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:23 am

Emily, my wife handles the money too- for good reasons: 1. She's a book keeper. 2. It gives me aggitta 3. She lets me know when there's enough "toy money" to buy another guitar or music related thingy.

Return to “Off Topic”