Movies you have forgotten the titles of?

101Volts
Master Contributor

Movies you have forgotten the titles of?

Postby 101Volts » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Have you ever seen a low budget film at one time or another and forgotten the title? Have you ever seen a film so crazy that people will ask if it was a dream when you tell them about it? Post about it here.

Here's a movie I saw when I was four or five years old. I have since found out the title of it but here's a description:

A man delivers a car to a house in the middle of nowhere and the residents are a rather strange lot, Including a man who believes the world will flood so he has built an ark to sail the sea. Also, In addition to this there is a murderer who is killing everyone in the house and a bearded man dislikes the lead man because he thinks he is trying to make a lasting relationship with his daughter, Which leads to a scene where the bearded guy is trying to kill the lead man in the basement. Later in the movie, The house is set up to explode and the lead man races against time to defuse the bombs.

Now, Doesn't that sound a bit out there? :lol: It turns out, This movie is "The Old Dark house" from 1963. I was asking about it for years and nobody knew what it was called until one day on IMDB someone replied to me with the correct movie title!

Well, That's my strange movie I saw ages ago. Please share a description of a movie you saw ages ago, it could be entertaining and maybe someone will even recognize it.
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Movies you have forgotten the titles of?

Postby Veenture » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 am

My uncle once took my older brother and I to a movie in 1953 which seems to have made quite an impact on us kids back then. Fond memories, yeah but I could never remember the title until….

I find that one user comment on the IMDb says it better than I can, so allow me to quote from it. (the account is exactly the same as my experience…including the taping…)

“City Beneath the Sea came on BBC2 one Saturday afternoon some years ago and I was pleased I taped it. This has never been released on video so I was glad I kept this TV copy.

Two divers come to Jamaica to recover some gold on a sunken ship off the coast. One evening, they visit a club and meet two girls and both subsequently fall in love with them. Rivalry then breaks out between the two men over who will keep the gold when retrieved. The ship sunk near the ruins of an underwater city (not Atlantis) and the locals are against the men recovering the gold because the city is one of their tabu's. Not surprisingly, danger looms when the city collapses as a result of an undersea earthquake, trapping one of the divers. He is rescued by his mate and neither of them get the gold in the end.

Despite being a low budget movie, the underwater scenes in City Beneath the Sea are not that bad.

The cast includes Robert Ryan and Anthony Quinn as the divers and Mala Powers and Susan Ball as the love interests. This also stars George Mathews and Woody Strode.

Watching this movie is a good way to spend just under 90 minutes one afternoon or evening. Very enjoyable”

;)

Return to “Off Topic”