Happy First Anniversary

dubtrub
Administrator

Happy First Anniversary

Postby dubtrub » Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 am

ImageImageImageImageImage

Happy 1st Year Anniversary Mosrite Forum

Hey Gang!

On behalf of Duane and myself, I would like to take this time to express our sincere appreciation to all of you for making this forum the premier meeting place for any and everything related to Mosrite. Through your wealth of knowledge, expertise, enthusiasm and dedication this forum has far exceeded our expectations. Also I want to say thanks for keeping everything dignified and on a high level of decorum.

It's been one year, May 4th 2008, that this forum started on a gamble that there would be enough interest to make it worth while and beyond belief it has exceed 10450 fun and informative posts. Friendships have been made, guitars have been built, Mosrite 'facts' have been discussed, debated and and shared. Now all that information is centrally located on one website. More information has been garnered about Mosrite than could have ever been imagined before the existence of the Mosrite Guitar Forum. For that, we can all be proud.

To all of our Mosrite Forum Family, Thank You and Happy Anniversary!

Danny
Danny Ellison

gplayer
Top Producer

Re: Happy First Anniversary

Postby gplayer » Mon May 04, 2009 2:07 am

The guy in the hat's a little disturbing. :shock: But, other than that... congrat's on a great forum.

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Mon May 04, 2009 2:33 am

I hope we're all here celebrating the second anniversary next year.
Cheers to all the MF members!
Bill.
www.myspace.com/rocks1977
www.myspace.com/kamikazekits

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Mon May 04, 2009 3:59 am

Happy anniversary, and thanks to Duane, Danny, Dennis, and Mel for all the effort put into making this a great place to enjoy. And, to all the Mosrite experts, pros, and students (like me) who have been so willing to share their wealth of information and expertise. Keep up the good work!
BTW - Let's rally on the T-shirts. I think we're still a few short of having enough to order ...
Dennis

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon May 04, 2009 4:55 am

Happy anniversary! Time really flies! Had a wonderful phone conversation with Danny yesterday. I called to thank him for putting up this great forum for us.

One more time, many thanks to Danny for offering this free forum to everyone. Also we appreciate Duane's hard work to keep this forum so enjoyable!

Nice to meet and know all of you here!

Best wishes,
Vincent
(Desert Surfer)

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon May 04, 2009 7:55 am

THREE CHEERS all :!:
...and everyone who joined the forum before may 4th. 2009 and still a member, gets to choose his/her favourite Semie-made/supervised Mosrite guitar ...for FREE :mrgreen:

.....and I never tell a lie :roll: ... :? ... :lol:

CONGRATS Danny, Duane and all the others!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 am

To the Mosrite Forum Family,
Good Lord, has it already been a year!?!? :shock:
I can't believe that a little over a year ago, I got a PM from someone on another forum 8-) .
He said "I've got a WILD AND CRAZY idea; don't know if it will fly, but I WON'T know unless I try." And when he PMd me, he had also mentioned that he was hoping to have maybe between 30 to 50 members within the first year (which is not bad for a new forum). BTW, we have 204 members our 1st year :shock: .
Well this guy likes to get into DoUBle TRoUBle, anotherwords, he likes going against the odds :mrgreen: . That's the reason we are all fortunate to have our Fearless Leader Danny (dubtrub) constantly watching over this Forum, and we all know the Garbage he went through recently with the spammers :evil: .
My Dear Sir, I Salute You ;) .

And to Duane and the rest of the Gang 8-) ,
Listen, I'm not GONNA EVEN TRY to name everyone who is responsible for making this Forum such a success the first year, you all know who you are ;) .
We are fortunate to have members who were responsible for making these guitars (in one shape or form), and members who have volunteered their huge knowledge to this Forum, whether it is concerning parts, the history, when they were made, and so on and so on.
It is very nice to be a part of a family that has mature discussions without having to go into fist swinging, cat clawing, yelling and bickering......well, you all get the picture, and there are some forums out there that have such participation :shock:.
In closing, there's a lot more that I could mention, but I'll let someone else have a turn instead of me yakking for the next hour :roll: .

To the Mosrite Forum Family--HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
.....................Mosrite Forever....................
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon May 04, 2009 8:32 am

Veenture wrote:THREE CHEERS all :!:
...and everyone who joined the forum before may 4th. 2009 and still a member, gets to choose his/her favourite Semie-made/supervised Mosrite guitar ...for FREE :mrgreen:

.....and I never tell a lie :roll: ... :? ... :lol:

CONGRATS Danny, Duane and all the others!

Actually, there was an old Mosrite Forum. :roll: Quite a few members here used to go there. That's how I met Danny (and was so lucky to get his restored '66 Mosrite)

We were all fed up with those Spammers (most of them were from Sex related industry.. :twisted: ) who flooded the forum everyday and eventually pushed most of us away..

Then, came the savior... :D

Danny said "Let's have a clean and fun place to chat..." I said: "yes, sir" and signed up one day after 5/4. I should have done that the day before... Darn! I could have gotten that free Mosrite.. (one of those air guitars) :mrgreen:

Dennis, nice speech... I am in tears..

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Mon May 04, 2009 8:54 am

Danny and Duane,

Thank you for the effort you undertook in creating and maintaining the forum. It's been a great year of learning more about Mosrites and making new friends. For me in particular the forum arrived at a great time to get help with my parts-rite adventure.

Also, a big thank you to all the Mosrite mavens for taking the time and sharing your knowledge. You've made this place an incredibly rich resource.

I look forward to learning more and hopefully meeting more members at future Mosrite related events.

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Mon May 04, 2009 10:19 am

Happy Anniversary to the Mosrite Forum! May we enjoy many more years learning Mosrite knowledge and perhaps buy and trade Mosrite guitar parts with one another. :mrgreen:
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Off Topic”