Hey Danny

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Hey Danny

Postby KRamone27 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Danny, in my cavaties of my body are the names Hellen and Novalla. Any of those names ring a bell?

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Hey Danny

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:37 pm

KRamone27 wrote:Danny, in my cavaties of my body are the names Hellen and Novalla.

Whoa! This is not that kind of a forum. :shock: :o :lol:

But to answer your question. No, they do not ring any bells. However I was only at the factory for a VERY short time during the summer of 1966, and there were about 150 employee's. I'd never heard of Bill Gruggett or Gene Moles until a couple of years later. My dealings were directly with Semie as I had know him for several years off and on.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Danny,
The short time that you worked at Mosrite, did you ever take any pix of inside the factory, or did any of your friends take pix of you inside the factory?
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Danny,
The short time that you worked at Mosrite, did you ever take any pix of inside the factory, or did any of your friends take pix of you inside the factory?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^B U M P^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:56 am

Sorry, but No!

What I really wish is that I had photo's of Semie at his little shop on Miner Street in Oildale. This is where I met him and where he was located before moving to the Panama Lane 'barn' shop, then to the P Street factory building. Unfortunately I didn't own a camera and never was involved much with photo's in my younger days. Speaking of photo's Dennis................................ oh, never mind. :lol:

Last year when Desert Surfer came out from Chicago to his second home in Las Vegas, :shock: he came to my home in Bakersfield and purchased my '66 Mosrite. I took him to a few of the historical sites around Bakersfield and in particular former Mosrite locations. We drove to the Miner Street shop only to find that it had been torn down and the lot paved over and a new metal shop building was constructed for a new business. We then went to the Panama Lane shop and found it still there but two residential homes had been built on the property in front of it and we nearly missed it. The previuos year the P street factory was demolished and the city had made it and the area surrounding into a municipal parking lot. For years I had planned to get photo's of these locations but I waited too late. Vincent did get some photo's of the barn shop.

In some of my readings I recall that an address was given where Semie in his youth had lived with his mom and brother here in Bakersfield, I think it was on Kentucky Street. I've read so many different things now I don't remember where I read it. If anyone has any information and can give me the address, I'll check it out and see if it's still there and get some photo's.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Off Topic”