Mosrite Forum T Shirts

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Mosrite Forum T Shirts

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:01 am

Strat-o-rama wrote:Dennis, I don't think we'll need a poll. the monochrome on a black shirt seems to work for most of us.
I like it. I like the sixties style font for the word 'forum' too. I say clean it up and go for it.
Put me down for 2- lg. :mrgreen:
Check? money order? credit card? paypal?

Thanks Trent,
I know that, you know that, and quite a few others do as well. I'm just trying to 'stir' a couple of more
people into voting at the poll. There has been no activity since the Oct 11th, and with a 120 members plus,
only 17 have voted :evil: . But I'm going to bring it up with Danny and Mel, and see if we should go ahead and
close the voting. But I'll guarantee you this, we will hear a lot of people moaning on the decision
(whatever that may be) and whining about why the voting didn't go longer........ :roll:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

FritzCat
Top Producer

Postby FritzCat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:06 pm

White single neck on a black or dark blue shirt would be great for me. I wonder if there'd be a few long sleeves? Winter is coming!

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Image[/quote]

My opinion.... Text looks great :!: Layout looks great :!: :shock: how many combined Mosrites are owned between the key members :?: How about you guys each pull your best BASIC SHOT trying to replicate the Forum's Trademark Photo with a higher RES. Image?
"Same idea, Same design, Same Color's"
:D BETTER QUALITY :mrgreen: Oh and Please forgive me if I have overlooked Where we have been given Certified Legal Rrights to use the Mosrite Legend of approval. (for real I may have missed something through the 8 pages of post's) :oops:
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:35 pm

jnslobaugh wrote: Oh and Please forgive me if I have overlooked Where we have been given Certified Legal Rrights to use the Mosrite Legend of approval. (for real I may have missed something through the 8 pages of post's) :oops:

There would be no copyright infringements, if that's what you are eluding to, if the logo is used for fun, not for profit and not as a business. Having T shirts with a Mosrite logo would be for the forum members or otherwise and not as a business proposition. If anyone, meaning 'whomever' owns the Mosrite name has any objections and could show proof that the use of 'their' logo was in fact an infringement, then we would simply cease with the shirts and logo. However, that would be awful CS of them as it would be free advertisement supporting 'their' product.
Danny Ellison

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 am

works for me......
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 am

.....or, we could always go with our forum logo and not infirnge on anyone's turf.

Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:17 am

I don't think the design of the shirt with logo would be a problem. I agree with Dub that the shirt would essentially be free advertising to whomever owns the name (if in fact anyone does at this point) and also the possible damages to such an owner so small that legal action beyond a cease and desist would not make financial sense. That being said, it some entity were to come forward, demonstrate ownership and demand a cease and desist, we could possibly make arrangements to pay a percentage of sales as a royalty or offer a link to their business on the site as quid pro quo compensation. That might also be an opportunity for us to establish a positive relationship with whatever this Mosrite entity is, the way that the "Gretsch Pages" have a positive and interactive relationship with the Gretsch company.

Personally, I like the design we've come to (black & white, single neck, Mosrite over the neck and Forum underneath) and I look forward to buying one (or two).

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:59 am

MWaldorf wrote:Personally, I like the design we've come to (black & white, single neck, Mosrite over the neck and Forum underneath) and I look forward to buying one (or two).

Mel

Right on! We are proceeding as planned. ;)
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

dubtrub wrote:
MWaldorf wrote:Personally, I like the design we've come to (black & white, single neck, Mosrite over the neck and Forum underneath) and I look forward to buying one (or two).

Mel

Right on! We are proceeding as planned. ;)

DITTO.... ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:51 pm

All in favor of single neck design, white print on black say I!

Return to “Off Topic”