Mosrite Forum T Shirts

zak

Re: Mosrite Forum T Shirts

Postby zak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 pm

That's not what I meant, I just meant rotating the entire image, not using a pic of the guitar at an angle!
Anyway...lots of options and possibilities here. Text can be above or below the image, image-to-text ratio can be played with, etc.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:06 am

Zak,
Good points on the multi-color issue. And you're right, I did that design mockup with Microsoft Paint! Of course, it wasn't my intention that it was anywhere near a finished product, simply a mockup of an idea. Anyway, I'm pretty swamped with work and if you'd like to take over the design I'm all for it.
Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

zak

Postby zak » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Ok, how about this?

If anyone is interested in making a screen from this image, click on the image for a full-size print-ready hi res version.

direct link: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7241 ... rumjq6.jpg

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Zak, that's looking good. Although not a big fan of double necks, for T shirt purposes I have to say I really like it. Reason being is I think it would be readily identifiable as a Mosrite and will catch peoples attention. Now as for getting the job done and printed on T shirts, that issue hasn't been resolved yet. ;)

I have offered to financially back the project to get it going, so now it's just a matter of picking a silk screen makers and T shirt source. I have found numerous sources on the internet. Just need to put the project into motion.

I see that SG 101 uses the Gildan T shirt. :arrow: Here's just one source. I don't know if SG101 buy's the blank shirt and then iron on a silk screen logo, but what I'd prefer is to find someone that produces the silk screen right onto the shirt.

Mel has some great shirts that the Meshugga Beach party sells and they are first class. Mel is going to check into his source but due to work priority right now it has been put on hold.
Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Looks good Zak! I too am partial to the single neck Ventures model but the double neck looks cool. Would I be too much of a nudge to ask to see the design with a single neck?

I emailed Karen to find out pricing. The design looks like it's one color (ie black and white only, no greyscale). Am I right on this?

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Here's a link to the company we've used for the Meshugga Beach Party t-shirts. We went with the Gildan Ultra cotton
http://www.contagiousgraphics.com/teeShirts.html

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Mel, the shirts that you chose to go with for the band to sell, were they the 100% Cotton or the 50/50 Blend?
There's already been a bunch of people here that spoke up and had mentioned that the shirts you guys
were selling, were top notch. ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

zak

Postby zak » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:05 pm

MWaldorf wrote:Would I be too much of a nudge to ask to see the design with a single neck?

That was what I tried at first (I initially wanted something that looked like my guitar haha) and it seemed really unbalanced, lots goin on on the left and kinda empty on the right...couldn't get it to look "balanced" no matter what I did without shrinking the text down and using it to offset the body, and I didn't think it was very legible that way. That's why I used the doubleneck - seemed like it made for a nice design.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 pm

zak wrote:
MWaldorf wrote:Would I be too much of a nudge to ask to see the design with a single neck?

That was what I tried at first (I initially wanted something that looked like my guitar haha) and it seemed really unbalanced, lots goin on on the left and kinda empty on the right...couldn't get it to look "balanced" no matter what I did without shrinking the text down and using it to offset the body, and I didn't think it was very legible that way. That's why I used the doubleneck - seemed like it made for a nice design.

OK, I see your point. Of course, to me the doubleneck body looks unbalanced with that tiny upper horn! Maybe the single neck would look better closer to horizontal, like with the tip of the headstock on a level with the top of the upper horn. Just a thought, I'd still buy a shirt with the double neck on it. :) Also, it looks like the picture of the single neck is three tone (black, white, grey) and I think that looks better than pure black and white; the chrome stands out from the pickguard this way, so if the doubleneck is the guitar of choice, I'd suggest going three tone with it instead of two tone.

Thanks for taking this project to the next level, it really looks good!

Mel

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:18 am

If we're voting here - I really like the single neck, even though the double fills more of the space.

Return to “Off Topic”