I'm alive everybody!!

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: I'm alive everybody!!

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu May 14, 2009 10:24 am

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Gplayer posted:
Glad everyone is OK. Living in Florida, I can relate to strong winds and living without power for days at a time. * remembers 2004*.

Yep......We only get 3 Seasons down here in Florida........

Fall, Winter and Hurricane Season :shock: .......No, Really! Just ask our Pro Expert Weathermen,
it's in the books AND on the Internet........Hurricane Season (June 1st thru Nov 30th) :roll: .

To most of us, Florida has only two seasons; Peak season and Off season! I love the 2nd one!

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 am

Desert Surfer wrote:
Dennisthe Menace wrote:Gplayer posted:
Glad everyone is OK. Living in Florida, I can relate to strong winds and living without power for days at a time. * remembers 2004*.

Yep......We only get 3 Seasons down here in Florida........

Fall, Winter and Hurricane Season :shock: .......No, Really! Just ask our Pro Expert Weathermen,
it's in the books AND on the Internet........Hurricane Season (June 1st thru Nov 30th) :roll: .

To most of us, Florida has only two seasons; Peak season and Off season! I love the 2nd one!

Lately, our "peak" season has been excavated to a mole hill and our "off" season has been extended :roll:

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Thu May 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Kevin:
I've seen the reports and the amount of damage can be amazing. Mother nature can be a real Bi*ch!

I agree with Dennis that as long as you and the wife are ok, then that's all that is important.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu May 14, 2009 1:58 pm

gplayer wrote:Lately, our "peak" season has been excavated to a mole hill and our "off" season has been extended :roll:

Yeah, it's like that everywhere. I just visited the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas last week. Attendees were down by 1/3-40% The whole place was like empty on the 3rd day. :cry:

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for all the best wishes everybody. Mel all the trees that were blown down were a pine tree, sycamore and mulberry tree none of which I could use except for fire wood. Me and the wife were both at wal-mart getting some snack food and personal items when the storm hit so an announcement was made over the intercom for all customers and employees to get to the center of the building. And both kids were at school and not being able to get to my kids is my biggest fear.

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Here's some photos I took of my property.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu May 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Sad to see that Kevin. Scary stuff. Glad everyone is alright. I hope you know a good carpenter. ;)
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu May 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Kevin: Sorry to see the damages. I hope insurance company will cover the repair. They should.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu May 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Kevin,
Wow. That must have been terrifying. :shock:
Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:25 pm

I just can't wait to finally relax. I've been working at my 10 hour a day carpenter job during the day then coming home and working another 4+ hours just hacking away with a chain saw trying to get as much crap cleared away as possible. Insurance will only cover tree clean up if the tree is on the house. But I'm hoping to get a new roof, soffit and facia out of the deal. Gatton fan: I think that Belleville and Fairview Heights was kinda the starting point and then it only got worse from there with winds at 120mph here.

Return to “Off Topic”