What Is Going On With Loretta Moseley????

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

What Is Going On With Loretta Moseley????

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:38 am

has anyone checked out the mosrite.us website lately. there's no place to place an order on a mosrite, or even call them. I've emailed them, but that follows with no answer.
But now Mosrite selling useless crap like mosrite pens, shirts, and towels! Of course I'll probably end up buying some of this stuff, cuz I'm a mosrite junkie, but jeez. Stick to what your good at, making guitars. :!: :evil: :roll:
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Dennisthe Menace

Re: What Is Going On With Loretta Moseley????

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:58 pm

oipunkguy wrote:has anyone checked out the mosrite.us website lately. there's no place to place an order on a mosrite, or even call them. I've emailed them, but that follows with no answer.
But now Mosrite selling useless crap like mosrite pens, shirts, and towels! Of course I'll probably end up buying some of this stuff, cuz I'm a mosrite junkie, but jeez. Stick to what your good at, making guitars. :!: :evil: :roll:

Oipunk,
Which Website were you looking at?? Fillmore's Website, has/had those type of accessories that you had mentioned.. :|
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:20 pm

http://www.mosrite.us it's the ""official" mosrite web site.
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah, I've seen that Website, but couldn't find what section all the "Goods" were under :(
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:33 pm

This all begs the questions... What constitutes a "real" Mosrite guitar, now days? Or is there such a thing in existents? Did the guitar die with Semie? Is everything mfg. under the Mosrite name, since 1992, a clone? What's the collective thought, here, on this?

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Oipunkguy I wouldn't feel bad, me and Dennis have emailed them and have yet to hear back from them.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah, I've seen that Website, but couldn't find what section all the "Goods" were under :(

hey dennis, thats strange, it's off the website now. thats crazy, cuz it was up there around 10am this morning. the mosrite pens were going for like 500 bucks too!

if I had to pick in choose what is a real mosrite or not, it's a little hard to say. semie's daughter now makes mosrite pickups, and there's semie's apprentices that make stuff too. to me, thats good enough to be called mosrite. on one hand, semie was so hands on with his factory, that if he's not there inspecting the quality, it's easy to think that it's just not up to par. but on the other hand, does that mean all gibsons are fakes after orville died? or all fenders fake after leo died? I would say no.
The one thing that Loretta has is that semie left her with exact instructions on how to build mosrites. and for me. thats good enough. I love the japanese mosrites, but they not the same, at least in the since it's more of a cookie cutter design, in my eyes. but that's just my 2 cents.
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

Return to “Off Topic”