Say what?

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Say what?

Postby MWaldorf » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:04 pm

dubtrub wrote:Semie was born in Durant Okalahoma which at that time was part of the old Seminole Indian reservation. According to Andy, Semie's brother, their father named Semie as a 'nick name' derived from the place he was born. It is unlikely there is another person named Semie on this earth. Semie was his true name.

Wow, I never would have put that together. So, was Andy born in southern Spain, aka Andalucia?
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 pm

Thanks for that.
This forum is truly a place of learning!

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm

mosman wrote:While on the subject,where does the name Semie come from.I've never heard it before and I've wondered if it's actually short for something else.

I was always wondering that too. I always thought Semie was short for something too.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Interesting how Nokie Edwards, who did so much to popularize Mosrites, is also from Oklahoma. In fact Nokie is a nickname; his first name is Nole, so Nole + Okie = Nokie.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:25 am

I used to wonder about that one too.
I can't wait to lay all this new info on my Mosrite-fan friends.

Return to “Off Topic”