Memorial Day Honors ...

mosman
Top Producer

Re: Memorial Day Honors ...

Postby mosman » Mon May 25, 2009 7:48 pm

When I see my fellow Australians criticising and protesting about anything American I always remind them about how the Americans helped us against the Japanese who were on our doorstep in WW2. They were our darkest days, with the city of Darwin bombed and Sydney Harbour coming under attack from Jap midget subs. When General Douglas MacArthur and his US troops arrived here, the whole country breathed a sigh of relief and the Aussies and Yanks drove the Japs out of New guinea and the threat to Australia was over.
To come all the way from the US to fight for us in our own backyard is an act we will never forget and I wish they taught that a bit more in school these days.
God bless the US armed forces.
Bill.

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Tue May 26, 2009 2:38 am

U.S. Army 68-73.

dellison

Postby dellison » Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 pm

89 - 97 USAF, DAF DoD Civilian since 99.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 pm

My sincerest thanks to all who have served their countries in the name of peace. Even those who don't make "the ultimate sacrifice" are giving their precious time to all of us - time that they could be spending with their own loved ones. I have a friend currently serving his second tour in Iraq, and what he sees in a day I would be hard pressed to muster the courage to withstand.

It is a travesty that we don't treat our veterans better than we do. We, as a country, should pay them back fairly, with VA help and GI bill benefits, for what they have given to our country.

Mel

The closest I have personally come to military service was a brief stint with the US Postal Service in 1989.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Return to “Off Topic”