How about a Mosrite trade show/convention?

Would you be supportive of a Mosrite Trade Show/Convention

Yes
78%
No
4%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 23

Dennisthe Menace

Re: How about a Mosrite trade show/convention?

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun May 10, 2009 7:37 pm

sleeperNY wrote:I would love to attend, it would all depend on my playing schedule and the cost of travel at the time of the event. It's a long way from NYS to Bakersfield Calf.Jim

DITTO on what sleeperNY said....still from the East Coast, only further South :mrgreen: .

P.S. I totally forgot about this thread til 101volts jumped on this!.....

I'm basically trying to set something up like this, only on a lesser scale for members
from the Florida State, and only after we hit a certain number ;) ...................
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Well, personally I feel this idea has completely gone by the wayside in lieu of events like Dekes Guitar Geek Festival in February and the Bill Gruggett concert coming up at the end of the month. It's everything we could ever possibly want in a Mosrite Trade Show/Convention and doesn't cost us a dime.
Danny Ellison

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:28 pm

Hey 'yall
The music store is all good for a show,and the Nile bar and grill is probebly avalible for such an event and is next door to Front Porch!
they have a big stage,sound system, and plenty of room that would be better than the lot next door.
all we would have to do is agree on a date to do it.
It would be fantastic to meet some more of the forum members too.
Artie

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon May 11, 2009 7:52 am

dubtrub wrote:Well, personally I feel this idea has completely gone by the wayside in lieu of events like Dekes Guitar Geek Festival in February and the Bill Gruggett concert coming up at the end of the month. It's everything we could ever possibly want in a Mosrite Trade Show/Convention and doesn't cost us a dime.

Michele and I will be there.

We look forward to seeing Danny & Artie again and meeting some new friends.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 am

Well, the trade show could still happen with Artie's contacts and Dana Moseley's Fillmore Mosrites. However, with the Geke Fest and the Gruggett concert, I'm curious if we put on such an event, would there be any more forum members come out to California than what we are already seeing at these other events? If not, it doesn't seem practical to sponsor such an event.

Before when I was trying to generate interest everybody was voting they would like for it to happen but at the same the collectors said they wouldn't bring their guitars and amps to display as it was too much of a hassel, and other forum members were saying "I wish it wasn't so far away or else I would attend". It would take more than 5-6 local California forum members attending for me personally to cough up the funds to sponsor an event unless there were a substantial turnout. I'm strictly referring to a substantial turnout of forum members. Otherwise I don't see how it could be economically worth while when were already have the opertunately to get together via the other stated venues. The main objective was the meeting of other forum members and displaying Mosrites.

If Artie is willing and thinks we can make it worth while I'm still for it. Are you folks willing to travel to Bakersfield to make it happen?
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 am

dubtrub wrote:Well, the trade show could still happen with Artie's contacts and Dana Moseley's Fillmore Mosrites. However, with the Geke Fest and the Gruggett concert, I'm curious if we put on such an event, would there be any more forum members come out to California than what we are already seeing at these other events? If not, it doesn't seem practical to sponsor such an event.

Before when I was trying to generate interest everybody was voting they would like for it to happen but at the same the collectors said they wouldn't bring their guitars and amps to display as it was too much of a hassel, and other forum members were saying "I wish it wasn't so far away or else I would attend". It would take more than 5-6 local California forum members attending for me personally to cough up the funds to sponsor an event unless there were a substantial turnout. I'm strictly referring to a substantial turnout of forum members. Otherwise I don't see how it could be economically worth while when were already have the opertunately to get together via the other stated venues. The main objective was the meeting of other forum members and displaying Mosrites.

If Artie is willing and thinks we can make it worth while I'm still for it. Are you folks willing to travel to Bakersfield to make it happen?

After reading your last post Danny, you make a VALID point. I too, got excited about this gathering, however in reality,
members living on the 'other coast' probably will not be able to make it due to work, costs, etc....
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Off Topic”