BEST VENTURES SONG EVER

rynaro
Top Producer

Re: BEST VENTURES SONG EVER

Postby rynaro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:23 pm

my fav song is "lets go"... it's catchy and fun .... and it always puts me in a good mood.
:-)
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Wow...'never thought of it that way...

...if The Ventures had not become so big with Nokie in the pilot's seat, during the "Dance" and "Country Classics" and such early-ish albums, Mosrite's biggest name might have been Joe Maphis...?

Unless of course, if history had taken a twist and some young pickers named George, Paul and John had seen the, "...fab, really gear-looking Mosrite guitars..." and made them famous-er in a different way.

Nokie Van Reinhardt

Postby Nokie Van Reinhardt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 am

Caravan, Driving Guitars, Bulldog, Yellow Jacket, Orange Fire, Instant Guitars, Scratch, Gringo, Journey to the Stars, Walkin' With Pluto, Pink Panther Theme, Scratchin', Blue Moon, Slaughter on 10th Avenue, Ravin' Blue, Fugitive, House of the Rising Sun, RAM-BUNK-SHUSH, No Tresspassing, Ups and Downs, Gandy Dancer, New Orleans, I'll stop now, there's too many to choose from. The gems far outweigh the crap.

socoto

Postby socoto » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 am

I’m a fan of the Ventures with Nokie…I really like the live stuff. My all time favorite Ventures song (and there are many that tie for second…Pedal Pusher, Caravan, etc.) is Fuzzy and Wild from Wild Things. I can listen to that song all day long (and I actually have before :oops: ). There’s just something about it…simple, to the point. It just rocks :!:
To see some of my custom built pedals go to: http://www.SocotoSound.com

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:50 pm

I hear that! I love Fuzzy and Wild, Flights Of Fancy and Underground Fire a lot of great fuzz tones on those albums. Check out some of the Sandy Nelson albums from the same era lot of good fuzz on them, his version of Happening Ten Years Time Ago is outta sight!

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:01 am

This really is a hard question.

I like the 60's albums, and the original songs usually are the best.
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

connie_mack

Postby connie_mack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:12 am

wildwood flower. the ventures play the country classics. for some reason that song jumped out at me when i wasn't so into country. love that walkdown....i know there are many other stellar performances but that one always comes to my mind first. (i guess it's also just a good tune)

LOSTVENTURE
Valued Member

Postby LOSTVENTURE » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:13 pm

How about the entire Christmas album. I first learned it when it came out in '65 and have sat down with it every Christmas since.
My granddaughter is enjoying it with me this year. She is 5 and thinks that since I can play along with it that I must be the best guitarist ever.
How can I argue with that.
Don

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:42 am

The Christmas album is very good and also a favorite at our house. My band the Thunderheads do several of those versions. 8-)
Click on logo to visit website

Return to “Music Related”