Mosrite Ranger&twin reverb custom 15

brunob

Mosrite Ranger&twin reverb custom 15

Postby brunob » Sun May 31, 2009 6:10 am

I have both at home now,great sound! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bruno
I'm sorry 4 my old Fenders guitars..but now I'm in love with that Mosrite!
really take me to the guitar I was used to listening to in the "garage band" in the 60's,mainly italian Eko.
take a look at www.fetishguitars.it,a complete list of european 60 's guitars
cheers Bruno

brunob

Re: Mosrite Ranger&twin reverb custom 15

Postby brunob » Sun May 31, 2009 6:11 am

the right address is
www.fetishguitars.com
Bruno

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun May 31, 2009 7:22 am

brunob wrote:the right address is
http://www.fetishguitars.com
Bruno

Bruno,
That is one WILD and BIZARRE site!!! Anyone who was always curious about what happened to the other
guitar companies we have heard of in the past......well, you will most likely get your answer on this site.

Once again Bruno's posting of the Website is:
http://www.fetishguitars.com

VERY INTERESTING!!!
Thanks Bruno ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 am

brunob wrote:http://www.fetishguitars.com

Bruno,

That's a great site! It really takes me back... I used to have an Eko when I was a teenager. From the pics of that site I figured it must've been from the CO series.

My very first guitar was Italian too: a Stratocaster'ish version, the brand was Vision. I've thought that it would be fun to find one those again, it would be a nice garage guitar...
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

brunob

Postby brunob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 am

I'm glad that people loves that site!
I'm in love with the 60's,and guitars from that era are a sort of design of that time,like it was in the car market.
eko was'nt considered as "good" guitars,but bad copy of the american -expensive-models,but now brand like-Teisco-Hofner-Eko- and many others are becoming $$ vintage.to me those shapes are unbeatible,and the colours -a mix of sparkling-plastic excess-are something almost forgotten,but now I found a Dipinto Galaxie 4 Los Straitjackets model(listen to them,they are GREAT!),it's made like those 60's guitar,sound is outststanding!
ciao Bruno
Chemo,my tremolo arm is fixed for now.....hope it'll stay so!I really enjoy the Ranger. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:48 am

I am amazed by the phenomenon of big $$ being spent on guitars that were, in their day, junk. You could pick them up at the drug store for $30, strings about 2" from the fretboard - but now, people are buying these "vintage guitars". What happened? Either the quality of today has sunk so far as to make these pieces of junk look good, or people are just going for something old, maybe nostalgic. I dunno, either way, for some reason, owning a Teisco still doesn't appeal to me .... didn't like 'em then, and as far as I know, with the Law of Entropy, they haven't gotten any better. :D

Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:16 am

Dennis, you mentioned nostalgia too...I think that is probably the main reason for 'vintage cheapies' to fetch muchos dollars nowdays.
The lesser quality back then is still unchanged now; they just got older and the people that 'grew up' with them in the 'good old days' and having no funds to buy quality instruments then are the same folks that can now easily afford them...and so the simple fact of demand -out of nostalgia- is driving prices up. :roll:

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm

[quote="Veenture"]so the simple fact of demand -out of nostalgia- is driving prices up.

That applies to most things Paul. I was a mad toy collector at one time and I would happily pay big dollars for something just because I had it when I was kid.
If only I'd kept my GI Joe and Major Matt Mason ... sigh.
Bill.

brunob

Postby brunob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 pm

european guitar in the 60's were junk(most of them)but at now they are -memorabilia-old pickups sounds like in the sixties,many Eko guitars necks was broken by the string's force,impossible to stay in tune,but...nice looking.People sold them 4 nothing or ,looking 4 the better Usa made guitars , something remind me the Mosrite story...........our beloved "babies" are " the most" 4 us,but not the same to the Fender&Gibson people ,the feeling you have with an instrument rules!
I can't say any bads about them,have some fails like every guitars of that era,but..they make you dreamin'..............
ok that's all folks
Bruno :twisted:

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:54 am

brunob wrote:I found a Dipinto Galaxie 4 Los Straitjackets model(listen to them,they are GREAT!),it's made like those 60's guitar,sound is outststanding!
ciao Bruno
Chemo,my tremolo arm is fixed for now.....hope it'll stay so!I really enjoy the Ranger. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You have a DiPinto? Great! I'm a big fan of Los Straitjackets, and highly enjoy their fantastic DiPinto sounds.

I'm glad you finally got the trem arm fixed in your Ranger. Mine has been ok, the only adjustment I've had to make was when I tightened the screw a little bit.
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

Return to “Music Related”