The Ventures old photo and music medley

Univoxer

Re: The Ventures old photo and music medley

Postby Univoxer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:49 pm

I also enjoyed looking at the video and noticed one missing photo, although there's possibly a ton of them, and that was them wearing that white shirt that has "The Ventures" all over it. When I saw them in L.A. in 1981 and I took a whole bunch of photos while they played, a couple of them were wearing the shirt, Bob Bogle in particular. I'd love to own one of them, but not a copy or a clone! :D

A little story about my photos. When I went to B.B. King's here in NYC to get my Bass LP autographed mainly by Bob, I gave the photos to Nokie's wife as a gift with the hope that some of my photos would be posted on their website. They weren't and what's on the website is a poor fraction of what should be on their website. I wrote to Nokie's wife about it but it resulted in an unfriendly communication. I donated my photos because of the lack of photos on The Ventures website.

I still have the negatives and I'm going to have to make copies to appreciate a golden opportunity. When I do make copies, will you guys/gals want to see them?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:23 pm

I can't comment on why your photo's were not used on Nokie's website but I'm sure they have their reasons. We do have members here that are personal friends of Nokie and his wife Judy and I know they both view this forum regularly although they are not registered users for obvious reasons. However, if you have photo's that would benefit this site then feel free to post them.
Danny Ellison

Univoxer

Postby Univoxer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:55 pm

It will be my pleasure to post my photos but first I have to find the negatives and then bring them to a local venue such as Duane Reade and wait a week for them to be processed. Boy, am I glad I'm a digital photographer, analog film is time consuming!

dubtrub wrote:I can't comment on why your photo's were not used on Nokie's website but I'm sure they have their reasons. We do have members here that are personal friends of Nokie and his wife Judy and I know they both view this forum regularly although they are not registered users for obvious reasons. However, if you have photo's that would benefit this site then feel free to post them.

Return to “Music Related”