Where can I get a strap like Don Wilson's?

Edward Lopez

Where can I get a strap like Don Wilson's?

Postby Edward Lopez » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 pm

I edited this to say that I apologize for the smallness of the still image, I thought it would appear much larger so that you could see the detail that could help you tell me if this kind of strap is commercially available 'cause the one being sold by The Ventures is totally inferior.

You can see the strap I'd like to own in the youtube video below:

THE VENTURES 2009 - SPECIAL MEDLEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu2PL04Ylbs

jfine
Top Producer

Re: Where can I get a strap like Don Wilson's?

Postby jfine » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:37 am

That's a great clip! I'd love to have a guitar like Bob's, with three single-coils, but with a Mosrite-style trem rather than the Floyd--however, I think his must be a one-off or a Japan-only model, as there's no mention of it on the Wilson Bros. website. Speaking of Wilson Bros.--you might contact them regarding the strap. It might have been something that Don had custom-made, or it could be available. Wilson Bros. is the first place I'd look, as they distribute Aria-made Ventures instruments in the US. They're at wilsonguitarventures.com . I just checked their merchandise page, and there are no straps listed, but they might be able to tell you if any are available.

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:04 am

Nice clip! Kind of low-key, but nonetheless, nice to watch! Thanks for the post.....

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Not exactly the same, but check out this one (closer to home ;) )

http://theventures.com/shop/index.php?m ... cts_id=120

It just so happens that I ordered mine three days ago...25 bucks ...and 5 picks to go with it, for free ;)

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Veenture wrote:Not exactly the same, but check out this one (closer to home ;) )
snip
It just so happens that I ordered mine three days ago...25 bucks ...and 5 picks to go with it, for free ;)

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. But if I can't have one like Don and the guitarist in the video are wearing, I'll pass on getting one. I like the way the The Ventures' logo looks on the strap. If they had at least duplicate their logo on the strap, such as shown on the strapping end, I would get one. I could do a pen-and-ink or red Sharpie reproduction on my wide leather strap, just as I made of their logo on a faux drum head which The Ventures autographed in 1981. I might just do it. If I do, I'll show it to you all.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”