Heart throb

Sixstringer

Re: Heart throb

Postby Sixstringer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am

Here is my '56 Tremolux and Brown '66 cabinet with EV's. It looks like heck, but hey, amps weren't made for looks. The amp was given to me some time ago, and the cabinet I got at a yard sale for 40 bucks just like it is. The amp is all original except for the reissue carry strap. Works perfect. Over at the practice space I'm using a Frontman 100 watt 2X12. That thing is loud.

1965 Mosrite Ventures II
1971 Mosrite Mark 1
A whole bunch of other stuff
http://www.myspace.com/guitarjunkiejeff

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Sixstringer wrote:Here is my '56 Tremolux and Brown '66 cabinet with EV's. It looks like heck, but hey, amps weren't made for looks.
Truly very nice sixstringer and of course, as you mentioned, the sound of the amp is what counts…BUT…when I drool over the gear of some of our good members here have, I must admit that I find it difficult to explain the resulting weak feeling I get in my knees… :mrgreen:

I LOVE FENDER AMPS, especially the piggy-back types! :shock:

Sixstringer

Postby Sixstringer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Veenture wrote:
Sixstringer wrote:Here is my '56 Tremolux and Brown '66 cabinet with EV's. It looks like heck, but hey, amps weren't made for looks.
Truly very nice sixstringer and of course, as you mentioned, the sound of the amp is what counts…BUT…when I drool over the gear of some of our good members here have, I must admit that I find it difficult to explain the resulting weak feeling I get in my knees… :mrgreen:

I LOVE FENDER AMPS, especially the piggy-back types! :shock:

Thanks. I know the feeling. It's the same feeling I got when I guy I used to work with said, "hey, I got this old amp taking up space in my closet, you can have it if you want it, I'll bring it tomorrow", and I saw what it was. Funny thing was, he said I could have the amp, but he was keeping the guitar. The guitar was a plywood 59.00 department store special....

It still has the original 2 wire ac plug, I really don't want to change anything on it, but one day I will probably put a grounded plug on it for safety reasons, and just hang on to the old one.
1965 Mosrite Ventures II
1971 Mosrite Mark 1
A whole bunch of other stuff
http://www.myspace.com/guitarjunkiejeff

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 am

Sixstringer wrote:It still has the original 2 wire ac plug, I really don't want to change anything on it, but one day I will probably put a grounded plug on it for safety reasons, and just hang on to the old one.
A wise consideration Sixstringer; "Safety First" every time. (this is an old slogan that was used back in the sixties to warn the drivers on South African Roads).

BTW ...looks like the pervious owner of your '56 Tremolux had a cat who dearly loved Fender amps too... :mrgreen:
(I'm sure it will make many an amp restorer's mouth water should they get to see your historically important piece! :shock: )

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 am

Okay that does it ...now I'm hangin' to get a Fender amp.
See what you blokes do to me?

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:49 am

mosman wrote:Okay that does it ...now I'm hangin' to get a Fender amp.
See what you blokes do to me?
Your Mosrites will love you Bill...and be sure to post some pics... :mrgreen:

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Mosrites and Fenders love Fender amps, what else to say? And 'seems like many, many SG, LP and -335 drivers plug into Twin and Deluxe Reverbs, as well.

But thought here; if you are not a purist and can find a nice used one, the Cyber-Twin is a very, very fine amp in this opinion. Personal fave settings are '59 Bassman and '65 Deluxe Reverb.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Sweet Amp Danny. The Jazzmaster ain't bad either ;)
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:48 am

Fender Amps Love most guitars there a reason they been around 60+ year because they one of the best ever.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”