King Custom Marquette

eltuce
Top Producer

King Custom Marquette

Postby eltuce » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Well, not sure how many here would be interested but it can't hurt to post it, right? You never know. This thing does sound a bit Mosrite-ish and it's cool. Due to a recent purchase and looking at the pile of stuff I'm sitting on I'm trying to unload a bunch of guitars that I don't really play.

Not sure of the exact year this was made but I'm going to guess within the last few years. King Double Bass is now out of business and therefore no longer making guitars. Completely handmade in Orange County, CA. Handwound Seymour Duncan P90s, tone and volume with a push/pull bright switch on the bridge pickup. Sperzel locking tuners. Not a baseball bat but a very comfortable full neck. Includes coffin case. Kind of looks like a Firebird and a Tele had a baby. Plays, sounds, and looks great! I'm the 2nd owner and this is in mint condition. I just bought it in Dec. and it hasn't seen much play time so I was hoping to break even at the $1399 I paid for it but you might be able to talk me down a little. Here's a link to the Craigslist posting with photos. Seems they're a little too big to post here.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/2473056075.html

Return to “For Sale”